Tuesday 14 January 2014

My beautiful friends wedding day (Makeup by me)

At the risk of sounding corny and cliche, one of the things I love about being a makeup artist is being a part of someone’s special day. (Vomit right?) But seriously it’s such an honour to be able to share in a virtual strangers big day. The thing I love most about being a makeup artist is when friends ask me to do their makeup for their big day. That’s what this post will be about.
In October two of my best friends got married and I did her makeup. (Dan wishes I did his). Sometimes I get weird about working with other makeup artists that I don’t know but because Desiree had 5 bridesmaids including myself I decided against doing all the makeup and initially was just going to do Des and have my makeup done. Being the control freak I am I decided to do my own at the last minute. I was uncomfortable with the other artists, their set up and kits. One even had fake Mac brushes! I also ended up having to completely re-do Jane’s makeup. Her face was about 3 shades too light and it would have ruined the photos. Ok enough about this!

Desiree doesn’t usually wear liquid foundation because she has flawless skin so we went shopping together to get one. We ended up getting Chanel Perfection Lumiere. It has an SPF 10 in it so generally I would shy away from using anything with SPF in it if there will be photos. I used Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation to set the liquid. This powder is medium to high coverage and prevented the foundation from flashing white. Her face looked completely flawless!

Complete products listing:
Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation – C4.5
Chanel Perfection Lumiere- 40 Beige
Mac Bronzing Powder- Refined Golden
Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle
Mac Woodwinked and Handwritten eyeshadow
Mac Black Track gel liner and Sephora liquid liner
Ardell individual lashes both medium and long lengths
(Can you tell I love mac?)



No comments:

Post a Comment