Friday 14 February 2014

Makeup Brush Essentials - Face

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

One of my girlfriends recently bought her first Mac foundation and powder and has asked me to write a post on what brushes she should use. There is so much information out there so I thought I would try and put this as simple as possible for all beginners :)

I'm going to tell you all about the brushes that I use the most on myself and on clients. Investing in quality brushes is probably the most important thing to spend your money on to achieve a flawless makeup. If you don't have the right tools it doesn't matter what products you use your look won't be its best!

That being said these days you don't need to spend an arm and a leg on brushes. There are cheap, quality synthetic brushes available thanks to brands like Sigma and Real Techniques.

MAC 190 FOUNDATION BRUSH: One of the first brushes I ever bought was the 190 Foundation Brush from Mac. Its now about 10 years old and still going strong. Which proves that if you invest in quality products you are going to get your monies worth! This brush is a mix of synthetic and goat hair. It works great with all liquids and creams:




SIGMA FLAT HEAD KABUKI BRUSH: I love using this brush to buff in my foundation. I find that this is the only brush I can use to apply Mac Face & Body foundation (for those of you that don't know- Mac F&B is super runny and best applied with hands to warm it up) This Flat Head Kabuki from Sigma is synthetic, cheap and amazing!

MAC 187 DUO FIBRE BRUSH: Duo Fibre brushes are a more recent discovery and have become really common in the past 2 years. The Mac 187 brush was my first duo fibre purchase and I love it. It can be used with liquids for a light coverage and with powders. It is really good at blending and making the makeup look undetectable. The Mac 187 is made of Goat and Synthetic hair but at $85 AUD its pretty expeno. Its not an essential but a nice to have.

REAL TECHNIQUES TRAVEL ESSENTIALS: A fairly recent purchase of mine is the Travel Essential Kit from Real Techniques. I discovered Real Techniques from watching Pixiwoo on youtube. Samamtha Chapman is one half of Pixiwoo and helped to develop the Real Techniques line. They are really good, super cheap synthetic brushes that are completely animal cruelty free. These brushes are so soft to touch :) The pink powder brush is just so good! It Blends exceptionally- its my new fave

BEUAUTY BLENDER: Last but not least these bad boys are a god send. I'm talking about the Beauty Blender! Don't even bother with the dupes! These are essentially a sponge that you wet and it doubles in size. They make foundation look like a second skin. They are AAAAAmazing! The Pink BB has been wet so you can see how big they get! (You can get them super cheap here


No comments:

Post a Comment